You'll never need another pancake recipe once you try these. So soft, so FLUFFY, so incredibly delicious, I guarantee everyone will love them and they'll never guess they're vegan! Shhhh.
Top them however you desire; I like mine with creamy almond butter, fresh blueberries, and pure Canadian maple syrup!
+ 1 cup whole wheat flour
+ 1 tsp baking powder
+ ¼ tsp baking soda
+ ¼ tsp salt
+ 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
+ 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
+ 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
+ 1 1/3 cups plant-based milk
+ 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
+ 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
+ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, combine melted oil, flaxseed, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir well.
2. Slowly add in the plant milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk well.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix!
5. Lightly coat nonstick pan with coconut oil and cook 1/3 cup pancake batter over medium heat. Cook 2-4 minutes or until bubbles can be seen along the edge. Flip and cook another 2 minutes on the other side, or until light golden brown. Makes roughly 6 pancakes.
Serving: 1 pancake
Fat: 6g / Carbohydrates: 22g / Protein: 3g